It’s been a fun journey so far and I really appreciate all the help along the way. I’m happy to announce that our first 1.0 release candidate of JS8Call is ready for you to download: https://groups.io/g/js8call/wiki/Download-Links This release candidate will be good until March 11, after which I’m planning our 1.0 general release. There may be another release candidate with bug fixes in between, but the goal is that March 11 is our go-live date. Woohoo!
In the meantime, be sure to read up on the changes in the documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTS5_G8y-skQ0SIk56z-rbHWXbzBam6h3xLsqsVnGBgddTRsNPNKE6L790pMivULcuktxI-ylndSZdN/pub
- /P callsign suffix can now be transmitted in a single frame for all non-compound callsigns (meaning KN4CRD/P: JY1/P SNR? would transmit in one frame). Huzzah!
- HB is now paused while you are “in QSO” (as in, when you have a callsign selected) and unpaused when you deselect your QSO partner.
- If you open the message inbox without a callsign selected you will be able to view “All” messages.
- You can now store a message at your local station for somebody else. Really helpful if you know that your QSO partner will be able to hear you later (i.e., you usually have a good propagation path) but you won’t be around the rig at that time (maybe overnight?). Access this by right clicking on the Callsign and selecting “Store Message”.
- You can now add a custom interval for HB and CQ messages (up to 1440 minutes…i.e., once per day)
- The “QTH?” command is now called “INFO?” which contains _generic_ station information (antenna, rig, qth, power, anything).
- There are now some pre-configured group names that can be transmitted in one frame (@JS8NET, @GROUP1, etc). Check the documentation for more!
- HEARING messages now parse callsigns and add them to the callsign tooltips
- Fixed a bunch of bugs related to printing of ACKs, sorting of frequencies, etc.
Remember, now is the time to drop any critical bugs or things you’d like to see improved before 1.0 general release into the issue tracker: https://bitbucket.org/widefido/js8call/issues?status=new&status=open
Jordan / KN4CRD