Thanks for staying patient with me on this one. Build servers were being weird today! Happy to bring you release with simple features, small screen compatibility and polish. Head over to the download page to grab your copy: https://groups.io/g/js8call/wiki/Download-Links
Included in this release are a few nice things:
- Small screens are now more compatible with JS8Call. Specifically, down to 800×480 pixels. So, for all you touchscreen RaspberyPi users, hopefully this makes your JS8Call experience a little nicer.
- Added the ability to add an arbitrary callsign to the heard list (right click, add new station). This should help folks who are “calling blindly” to another station that may or may not be on the air.
- Added the ability to control the basic app toggles from the menu.
- Added some nice keyboard shortcuts to the View options.
- Made the toggle buttons bold when “on” to help differentiate for color blindness.
- There’s a new notification sound for CQ messages!
- And, macro expansions now work in the message window.
- Along with some various tweaks (like the expiration nag…sorry about that!)
I’m saving up some big features for the next release, so in the meantime I hope that you continue to enjoy testing JS8Call!
Jordan / KN4CRD
Fixed QAction for older Qt versions
Fixed word wrapping with no break spaces
Added azimuth to the distance column
Fixed word wrapping of non-breaking space words by only replacing double spaces
Tweaking window sizes
Added a reference to dependency installation
Updated dependencies list
User Interface Tweaks:
Added ability to add an arbitrary station to the heard list manually
Added keyboard shortcuts to the basic Show actions. Added show action to disable tooltips
Updated configuration panel to be more flexible (scroll areas)
Added macro expansion in typed message text
Added notification for CQ messages
Added push button bold style for colorblindness
Bump to 0.9
Added control menu